Sunday, October 19, 2014

Obedient as Nature


The flowers do not bloom in fall
They only burst in spring
And autumn winds sing different songs
Than those winter would sing.

The seasons move obedient
To plans that You’ve outlined
And all occurs as it should be
With patterns that refined.
 
But then you come to folk like me,
Stiff necked, I think’s the word,
And, though I know what You expect,
I act like I’ve not heard.
 
Obedience is not that hard,
And Your yoke is quite light.            .
I’ve come to learn that things go well
When I do what is right,
 
But still I have this stubborn streak,
I’m obstinate at best.
I want to be obedient,
And still I fail the test.
 
So turn my heart back to you, Lord,
Teach me what flowers know.
Remind me that when I obey
Blossoms of joy will grow.
 
1 Kings 8:58
May he turn our hearts to him, to walk in obedience to him and keep the commands, decrees and laws he gave our ancestors.

No comments:

Post a Comment