Thursday, March 20, 2014

The Every Day Blessings


I live my life with luxuries
That seem so every day
Yet for some, my “every days”
Are things for which they pray.
 
I sleep in peace, and safely wake,
Yet I think times are tough.
And while I’m very far from rich,
At least I have enough.
 
So many who walk on this earth
Cannot claim near as much
And yet I take for granted all
The things that I can touch.
 
We get complacent in our lives,
Accustomed to such Grace,
That we no longer offer thanks,
Much to our own disgrace.
 
Take time to notice and give thanks,
Be grateful for small things,
For living without gratitude’s
A sin that comfort brings.
 
Matthew 19:24
Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

No comments:

Post a Comment