Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Seeking Stillness


I’m seeking stillness in my heart
Like I find in this place,
But all my busy, whirling thoughts
Deny me that small grace.
 
I see the stillness of the pond,
Reflecting barn and sky,
In a silence filled with peace
And wonder, “Why not I?”
 
How can there be such peace in life
And so little for me;
Why can I not find in myself
The peace that sets me free?
 
Until I turn my heart to God
And listen for His voice
I’ll never know the peace He gives,
But I must make that choice.
 
Shall I live lost within the rush
That daily consumes me,
Knowing that those he cannot turn,
The devil makes busy.
 
Or shall I step back from the whirl
And, asking for God’s Grace,
Begin to let build within myself
The peace that fills this place?
 
Isaiah 65:24
Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment