Saturday, March 22, 2014

Hidden Sins


I think I lead a righteous life,
I give help where I can,
I try to live in honesty
With all my fellow man.
 
But I hid sins within my heart,
Thoughts that remain unsaid,
And yet they still should have no place
Even inside my head.
 
The things I’ve done for those I help
Are things I should have done.
But there is still so much to do
That I have not begun.
 
And I am arrogant about my faith
In all that I can do,
When all along that faith should lie
Not in me, but in You.
 
I hide so many sins away
Where no one else can see,
But though I think they’re out of sight
You still see them in me.
 
Please help to admit them, Lord,
Not hide them out of sight,
For only when washed in Your Grace,
Can those sins be made right.
 
Psalm 19:12
But who can discern their own errors? Forgive my hidden faults.

No comments:

Post a Comment