Monday, March 10, 2014

The Empty Place


The day began with frustration,
Then panic soon came on.
I frantically sought for some hope,
But all my hope was gone.
 
There was an empty place in me
That fear would slowly fill,
Until I heard, above the pain,
Your voice speak soft and still.
 
You asked me why I worried so,
Why I was so afraid,
I knew that it was due in full
To the mistakes I’d made.
 
Then You reminded me to stop,
Be still and let You in,
And it was at that moment that
I felt a calm begin.
 
I knew that there was nothing wrong
That could not be put right,
And all that empty place in me
Was filled with sudden light.
 
My mind began to think again,
My heart slowed down it’s pace,
And all the things that had gone wrong
Fell gently into place.
 
Isaiah 55:10-12
so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment