Thursday, December 13, 2012

Troubles and Blessings



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
When the skies grew grey around me
And white caps tipped each wave with foam,
The chimney filled with the voices
Of the winds that mournfully roam
 
I crouched down behind my window
Fearing all that the storms might bring
That’s when my miracle happened
I understood a wondrous thing
 
The clouds I had feared one moment,
Suddenly held a new delight,
When I saw they held not trouble,
But held an endless play of light.
 
Light played on the cloudy ruffles
Brushing the needles on the trees
Casting shadows on the inlet
And lighting up the heaving seas.
 
Yes, the storm was still on coming,
But, with it, it brought beauty, too.
And that was when I understood
Both storm and beauty came from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment