Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The Teaching Collar

















Sometimes good girls want to be bad,
They want to cross that line,
Believing they can slip right back
And all will still be fine.

Today she wanted to slip off
And play with the neighbor,
But as she came up to that line
Her hot collar stopped her.

The line is there to keep her safe,
To keep her close to me,
But sometimes the temptations strong
To play where I can’t see.

Her collar triggers her to stop,
Think through her choice again.
Sometimes I wish I had one too
Designed to make things plain.

But, in reality, I know
My wish is quite absurd,
That very collar is in place
And living in your word.

For it is in your heart that I
Would stay closer to you,
Although I sometimes slip away
To play a game or two,

But, just before I go too far,
Your word will call to me
And I will turn back from that line
To stay where you can see.

No comments:

Post a Comment