Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Rain Drags On



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I watched the rain wash through the sky,
Knowing that winter’s here.
I braced myself for endless weeks
Of tempests, grey and drear.
 
The ceaseless drumbeat of the rain,
The howling of the wind;
It seemed to me I’d go insane
Before this winter’s end.
 
But then a thought occurred to me,
Something I had not seen,
Without the rain my world would fade
And browns replace the green.
 
So I will not despise the rain,
It ends with the season,
Instead I’ll relish stormy times,
With better days my reason.
 
And as I pass through winter’s rain
To see the spring’s rebirth,
So life will bring me times of pain
To teach me joy’s true worth.

Genesis 2:5
Now no shrub had yet appeared on the earth and no plant had yet sprung up, for the LORD God had not sent rain on the earth and there was no one to work the ground,

No comments:

Post a Comment