Thursday, May 3, 2012

Isaiah 46:4

Oh Lord, some days I feel so old,
As if I’m at the end.
The world lays heavy on my back
And I could use a friend.

It’s only your voice in my ear,
The promise you fulfill
Of love beyond my every need,
That keeps me going still.

I feel those days weigh down on me
As the worries pile on,
I know i have no choices left,
But all my strength is gone.

If I did not have your strong hand
To lift me when I fall,
I don’t think I could stand again;
I couldn’t even crawl.

But you sustain me in my pan,
You lift me when I’m weak.
You are my shield when I’m afraid;
My joy when all is bleak.

Oh Lord, some days I feel so old,
And life weighs heavily,
But that’s when I feel most assured
You’re standing close to me.

Isaiah 46:4
Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.

No comments:

Post a Comment