Thursday, May 24, 2012

In Spite Of My Flaws


















As I complained about myself,
The fact that I’m so flawed,
(My hair’s too thin, and I’m too fat.
Sometimes I’m such a fraud),
I happened to glance down to see
A new bloom on my rose,
It burst forth, yellow as the sun,
In just the perfect pose.

No lovelier a bloom, thought I,
For shade and symmetry
Had blossomed thus far on my rose.
At least none I could see.
And then I noticed one small flaw,
One petal bore a stain,
Most likely from to much time spent
Out in the spring time rain.

How could my rose bear such a flaw,
A flaw so plain to see,
And yet still seem so beautiful?
How could such a thing be?
I thought back on the many flaws
That caused me to feel blue,
And wondered if, in spite of them,
God thinks I’m lovely, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment