Sunday, May 13, 2012

For My Mother















Through all the long years of my life
I’ve lived within your love,
And I knew you were on my side
When push came down to shove.

When I was small and scrapped my knee,
You kissed my tears away.
You taught me that a loving heart
Grows stronger every day.

You set me on the path I walk,
You taught me how to live.
From you I learned hard work’s value,
And how to share and give.

Now, though the path is over grown
With bramble, weed and thorn,
I know you love me just as much
As the day I was born.

I love you with a grateful heart,
For all you mean to me.
You are my mother, I’m your child,
And that will always be.

Proverbs 31:15
She gets up while it is still night; she provides food for her family and portions for her female servants.

No comments:

Post a Comment