Sunday, January 1, 2012

Worries Enough for Today
















I don’t know what might lie ahead,
I feel so unprepared.
Yet I can’t just step out and change
And that leaves me quite scared.

I’m bound to promises I’ve made,
A task I must see through,
But it won’t leave me well positioned
For what I’ll need to do.

Sometimes I worry about “then”,
Though now is right at hand,
And you have kept me safe thus far.
You’d think I’d understand

That I should do all that I can
And leave the rest to you,
Because you’ve led me safely here
And you will see me through.

So when the panic starts to loom
Remind me that you’re there.
I have worries enough today,
Tomorrow’s yours to bear.

Matthew 6:34
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment