Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Psalm 54:2
















Within my silence is a prayer
And you hear every word
The little things that trouble me,
The hopeless, the absurd;
The gratitude I always feel
For all you give to me,
And for the beauty of the world
Around me that I see.

Oh Lord, I know you hear my words
And listen to my heart.
I know that you are always near
Whenever my tears start.
You never make me beg your ear,
You listen patiently.
As my thoughts ramble, fear to fear,
You’re there to comfort me.

And so it is that I can pray
Without using a word,
Because I know, silent or not,
My prayers are still heard.

Psalm 54:2
Hear my prayer, O God; listen to the words of my mouth.

1 comment:

  1. 26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.
    27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.
    28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

    37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
    38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,
    39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    From Romans 8

    ReplyDelete