Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Time's Passage
















The weeks slip by so quickly now,
Though each day seems to drag.
The minutes tick with hesitance
And seconds halt and lag.

The ebb and flow of daily life
Seems to stall out for me.
Then I notice a week is past,
Swift and silently.

What have I to show for my days,
However swift they fly?
Why do I waste the minutes when
I feel them dragging by?

I count the years before me and
I watch the past years mount,
And all that I can do it pray
That I’ve made each one count.

For each one is a gift to me
And I must make them shine,
For, swift or slow, they mark the life
That I must claim as mine.

Romans 13:11-12
11 And do this, understanding the present time: The hour has already come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. 12 The night is nearly over; the day is almost here.

No comments:

Post a Comment