Sunday, December 26, 2010

Psalm 18; 16 & 19





















Why am I troubled by old fears,
Fears that no longer shadow me?
The worries that no longer touch me
Still haunt my waking dreams.
Have I lived so long in their turbulence
That I cannot rest on a peaceful shore?
Even when I was tossed in their waves
You always carried me to shore
Settled me on a safe rock
Until I let go of your hand and slipped back in.

Help me to remember that I can rest on the shore,
Out of the tossing storm,
And all I have to do is remember
That I am holding your hand,
And that you are holding me in your arms.

Psalm 18
 16 He reached down from on high and took hold of me;
   he drew me out of deep waters.
19 He brought me out into a spacious place;
   he rescued me because he delighted in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment