Friday, December 17, 2010

Isaiah 58:8
















I stumbled badly through the day,
Worrying what to do;
So many burdens came my way
And I reached out to you.

The tears welled up because the world
Was just too much to bear;
The bills, the grief, the worry, too,
And all the fear and care.

I felt my breath catch in my throat,
The panic soon set in.
How could I carry all this pain?
The tears would soon begin.

And then I heard your quiet voice
Whispering in my ear,
“Remember that I’m here with you
There’s nothing you should fear.”

The pain will not be more than I
Can help you stand up to;
Those storms of worry and despair,
You’ll soon pass right on through.

Your seas will not always be smooth,
The road may be too rough,
But I am here to give you strength
And it will be enough.

For peace will follow every storm,
The light burn through the haze;
And I will hold you in my arms
Through all the roughest days.

Isaiah 58:8
Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.

No comments:

Post a Comment