Sunday, August 6, 2023

Sabbath Peace


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Today I had so much to do,
But each plan fell away
Until all that I still had left
Was rest in You and pray.

You gave me life with a purpose,
But age begins to show
That I have less strength than I did
In my youth, long ago.

I find I need a day of rest
Before I start anew,
But even more I find I need
My time alone with You.

I hear Your voice in the stillness,
Your peace renews my strength
Until, at last, I’m strong enough
To start again, at length.

I thank You for the Sabbath, Lord,
And for this day to rest.
I pray that with tomorrow’s dawn
I’ll rise and give my best!

Genesis 2:3
So, God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it God rested from all his work that he had done in creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment