Saturday, August 26, 2023

From Shame To Redemption


 

 

 

 

 

 

You speak to me of forgiveness,
Of pardon for my sins,
And remind me that it’s in You
That redemption begins.

I turn my eyes away in shame,
For I’m of no value
Compared to those who’ve lived in faith
And never doubted You.  

I’ve wandered too long in the dark
For You to know my name,
Or even hold a shred of grace
To which I can lay claim.

Yet, here I stand before You now,
My sins on full display,
And hear You tell me I am Yours,
Though I’ve been long astray.

I cried out for Your forgiveness,
And You called me by name.
Releasing me from all my sins,
Washing me free of shame,
And showing me a depth of grace
I joyfully will claim.

Luke 15: 7
Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance. 

This amazing photo is another one of AC's photos from her trip to Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment