Friday, August 4, 2023

Higher Ground


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I found myself lost once again,
No hope for miles around.
I needed to find my way out,
So, I sought higher ground.  

I stumbled on my pride and shame,
They both seemed to abound
And made it hard for me to find
My way to higher ground.

I wept from fear I’d not get out,
Then felt that fear compound.
I gave up hoping I could find
A path to higher ground.

But as I wept, I heard You call.
In Your voice, what I found
Was peace and the promise of grace
Despite no higher ground.

Then understanding swept through me,
To comfort and astound,
For I could clearly see, at last,
You are my higher ground!

Psalm 61: 2
from the end of the earth I call to you when my heart is faint. Lead me to the rock that is higher than I

This photo from AC's Trip just makes me laugh, I love it's wonderful perspective!

No comments:

Post a Comment