Friday, June 30, 2023

To Hear You And Obey


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I find myself praying often
For wisdom to walk through
The ups and downs of every day.
I turn, in faith, to You.
 
But when the struggle has passed by,
I’m back about my life.
I think I’ve got this on my own,
Until I face more strife.
 
You’ve spoken to me every day.
I know, for I’ve heard You.
You offer guidance and advice
In everything I do.
 
I try to listen when You speak,
But then go my own way.
I find I forget or dismiss
Too much of what You say.
 
I pray I'll listen when You speak,
But this, Lord, even more,
I pray I'll hear You and obey,
Not listen, then ignore.
 
1 Peter 1: 14-15
As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, but as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct
 
Photo of a Lilac-breasted Roller is a blessing from AC taken on her recent trip to Africa. Thanks to her generosity and talent, we should have lots of lovely and interesting photos over the next many days. Thank you, A.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment