Saturday, June 24, 2023

Starting With Me


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
That still small voice that brings me peace,
Seems to be hard to find.
Which might be caused in large part by
My own hard heart and mind.
 
I’m not saying I’m over it,
This broken world, as such,
But I am sure leaning that way,
Perhaps a bit too much.  
 
That frustration and discontent
Can lead me give in
To pointing out and condemning
A fellow sinner’s sin.
 
Yet, chastisement from rage, not grace
Is painful to receive,
And isn’t likely to express
The truth that I believe.
 
So, that leads me back to the place
From which I first began.
I need to seek His forgiveness,
Then share it, where I can.  
 
2 Timothy 2:24-25
And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth

No comments:

Post a Comment