Monday, December 12, 2022

One of Us Listened


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I wanted to listen for You
To speak to me today,
But every time I tried to stop,
The world got in the way.
 
I got the breakfast made, but then
I had to make lunch, too.
Then I was out the door and gone
Before I heard from You.
 
The day was filled with hustling,
There’s too much on my plate,
And when I thought I’d just sit down
I noticed it was late.
 
Tonight, I started on the chores,
Thinking that when I’m through
I’d settle down and take some time
To just be still with You.
 
I don’t know how I let time pass
Without following through,
But then I realized that I
Had not counted on You.
 
I may not have slowed down to hear
What You might have to say,
But You were listening to me
Each step along the way.
 
I’m not surprised that You were near,
You always seem to be,
And I’m glad that, though I did not,
You took time to hear me. 
 
Tomorrow it is my turn, Lord,
To be still and listen.
Please help me to focus on You
And not the world again.
 
Psalm 28:6
Blessed be the Lord! For he has heard the voice of my pleas for mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment