Monday, July 11, 2016

Until I Shine


I found myself complaining again
About the grey and cloudy sky.
I called out to the Lord in heaven
And I asked Him to explain why.
 
Why are some people blessed with great joy,
While I have to fight through each day?
What is the reason I feel so lost
And others dance along the way.
 
I waited in the silent morning
Beneath the cloud draped winter sky,
In absolute defiance of Him,
I demanded He answer why.
 
And as I stood there in my anger,
Self-righteous in the rage I knew,
The sun rose up and all around me
The dark clouds took on heaven’s hue.
 
Now, I know this might sound prosaic
Or maybe even a bit trite,
There had to be clouds in that sky
To reflect back the morning light.
 
I knelt, humbled in understanding,
The answer was there all along.
I thanked the Lord for cloudy mornings
And troubles that will make me strong.
 
I don’t complain now, of my burdens,
I understand why they are mine.
The Lord will use these times of trouble
To burnish me until I shine.

Another beautiful sunrise from my neighbor, AT. This one taken in Costa Rica. Thank you, AT!!! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment