Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Unseen and Loving Hand


He knew that he had found a feast.
How fortunate his fate
That no one else had been there first.
The blessing was so great.
 
He did not know that great danger
Was sleeping quite nearby,
But also that a loving heart
Guided a watchful eye.
 
One who kept him safe from the dog
That lingered out of sight
And let him enjoy his blessing
To his complete delight.
 
It made me think how often I
Live my life unaware
Of all the dangers that might be
Lingering everywhere.
 
How blessed am I, that, much like him,
The danger’s held at bay
By one who’s loving heart and hand
Protect me on my way.
 
It’s such a gentle, peaceful scene,
If viewed from his small scale,
But when the whole picture’s complete
It tells a different tale.
 
A miracle beyond his sight,
One he can’t understand,
The blessing of protection from
An unseen, loving hand.
 
Psalm 32:7
You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.

This delightful photo was a gift from my sister ATF, who opted to take the picture rather than call her dog to chase the rabbit from his feast in her garden. A loving and unseen hand indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment