Friday, July 29, 2016

That Place I Lost


Oh Lord, I can’t find that still place
That once lived inside me.
You know, the place that I could go
To sit and let things be?
 
I don’t know where it could have gone,
Though it has gone, clearly.
I wonder if it is because
I’ve gotten so busy?
 
Or is it all the noisy thoughts
That whirl inside my head
All through the day and even when
I settle in my bed?
 
I know I’m in the working world,
And that was a good choice.
Both a necessary evil
And a cause to rejoice.
 
For this is work I’m meant to do,
You gave this gift to me,
And I do it with a glad heart
As it was meant to be.
 
But sometimes in my busy days
I need some extra grace
And that is when I notice most
That I’ve lost my still place.
 
So come and sit beside me, Lord,
Please touch my busy mind
And help me see my way back to
The place that I can’t find.
 
Then linger by me for a while,
 I love it when You’re near.
Those are the moments I still hold
As most precious and dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment