Saturday, June 11, 2016

That Wayward Child


I was that wayward child, oh Lord,
Headstrong, going my way.
I spent so much time being lost
I thought that’s how I’d stay
 
And I have heard it often said,
With no sense of dismay,
That it is the nature of youth,
To wander far astray.
 
But I have lived a long time now,
Face to face with the truth,
And I apologize, oh Lord,
For my poorly spent youth.
 
For wandering so far astray
That You had to find me,
Instead of being in the place
Where I was meant to be.
 
But You loved me enough, oh Lord,
To call me back to You
And give me purpose in each day
Enough to see me through.
 
Though I still feel the lure sometimes
Of going my own way,
I smile, content that I have learned
I’m happier to stay.
 
Luke 15:24 For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ So they began to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment