Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Wisdom and Peace


How is it that the smallest bird
Seems much wiser than me?
I don’t like to admit it, but
That how it seems to be.
For it sits there in perfect calm,
Knowing it’s in Gods hand,
While I spent all day worrying,
Failing to understand.
 
And though my faith was just as small
As is that little bird
Still it was big enough to raise
My worries heavenward.
The answer came repeatedly,
But still I worried on,
Until He made His point so clear
That my worries are gone.
 
The problems still lie all about,
But they don’t worry me.
For God’s own peace now fills my heart
As He said it would be.
 
Philippians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment