Monday, May 4, 2015

I Heard You Call


I heard you call to me, my child,
And I answered your cry.
Although you thought you were alone
I was, in fact, nearby.
 
I came to help you when you called,
Though you might not have seen.
For that is how is with me
And how it’s always been.
 
I hear the voices of the lost,
The broken and dismayed,
And I will answer when they call,
However far they’ve strayed.
 
For all my children are beloved,
I forgave them all sin,
And I will not desert them now
If I did not back then.
 
So, though you did not hear my voice
Or know that I was near,
Please trust I heard and came to You,
For you are more than dear.

Psalm 18:6
In my distress I called to the Lord; I cried to my God for help. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment