Thursday, May 7, 2015

Sufficient





















I’m not what some would call wealthy,
But I have food to eat.
I have a roof to keep me dry
And, when it’s cold, there’s heat.
I have a job and loving friends
Who help me when in need.
So, though most folk don’t think it’s so,
I think I’m rich, indeed.

My car is old, my house is too,
But then, Lord, so am I.
Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed
All I can do is cry.
But that is when I count them up,
The blessings that are mine,
And I can’t help but realize
That my life is quite fine.

I have not lived perfectly, Lord,
Sometimes my life’s a mess.
And there are many who have more,
But many more have less.
So one more time, Lord, let me say
What I know to be true,
That Your Grace is sufficient, Lord,
And I’ve been Blessed by You.   

2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

Thanks to DR for the wonderful photo with which she has blessed this praise! I'm so grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment