Monday, September 1, 2014

Slim Pickings


My pickings seem meager to me,
But when I think of those
Who live without hope every day,
Without clean food or clothes,
I recognize my cup is full,
That I am blessed indeed.
I lift a grateful praise to You,
You meet my every need.
 
So I don’t ask for more for me
I ask it for the weak,
I ask it for the hungry poor,
The lost afraid to seek,
And for those trapped within nightmares
Though they are wide awake.
Oh Lord, please fill their empty cups,
I ask You for their sake.       
 
Psalm 23: 5-6
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment