Thursday, September 25, 2014

My Path of Snares


When all goes well I tend to think,
“Oh look how well I’ve done!”
But when I’m falling down I cry,
“God is my number one.”
 
I call on Him when life goes wrong,
I praise Him for his aid.
I recognize who lifts me up
When bad choices are made.
 
I think, perhaps, that’s why I walk
A path that’s strewn with snares
So I’m less likely to forget
That God’s the one who cares.
 
Just little snags along the way
So that I call His name
At least a time or two each day.
Then I won’t live in shame
 
For letting Him slip from my mind
On days when all goes well.
I’d rather praise Him every day,
Not just when troubles swell.
 
Psalm 37:23-24   
The Lord makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him;
Though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment