Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Searching


I keep looking for blessings, Lord,
My nose hard to the ground,
I’ve followed every track and scent,
But little have I found.
 
I know that if I carry on,
I’m bound to come across
The grace for which I’m looking, Lord.
But where? I’m at a loss.
 
I’m just so lost, I’ve searched so long,
My road has been so rough.
I’ve kept my eyes close on the path
But that’s not been enough.
 
For what I seek, eludes me still,
And I am losing hope.
If I don’t find your grace soon, Lord,
I’m not sure I can cope.
 
I’ve looked for blessings everywhere,
I’ve searched the whole earth through.
Perhaps, I should lift up my eyes,
And turn my gaze to You?
 
Amos 8:12
People will stagger from sea to sea and wander from north to east, searching for the word of the Lord, but they will not find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment