Sunday, August 10, 2014

Would I Have Followed?


Would I have followed Him back then,
When he walked on this earth?
Would I have doubted due to His
Ignominious birth?
 
If I had lived back in those days
Would I have believed Him
Or would I, too, have condemned Him
To that death, bleak and grim?
 
I know He was a simple man
Born of a humble folk,
So would I have, when He asked me,
Chosen to wear His yoke?
 
Or would I have thought, “This can’t be
The Son of God’s Command.”
Would I have been too filled with doubt
To ever understand?
 
It’s said they’re blessed who did not see
And yet they have believed,
But had I lived to see Him then,
Would I have been deceived
 
By humble features, well-worn clothes
A face seen every day?
I wonder, would I recognize
The God I praise today?
 
Isaiah 53:2-3
He grew up before him like a tender shoot, and like a root out of dry ground. He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.  He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain. Like one from whom people hide their faces he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.

No comments:

Post a Comment