Friday, August 22, 2014

Valleys and Shadows


She climbed the rock face through her fear,
Afraid that she would fall.
Whispering, “Lord, don’t let me slip,
I’d have no hope at all.”
 
She struggled on, heart in her throat,
Until she reached the top,
And even then, both heart and throat,
Found no reason to stop.
 
She stood upon the rocky ledge
Which she had climbed in fear,
And looked back expecting to see
Her fears following near.
 
She saw instead the valley deep,
Through which the river spilled,
And mountain peaks, capped in the light.
A sight at which, she thrilled.
 
For she had climbed up through her fears,
Those fears then fell away,
Leaving her only the new strength
That she’d found on the way.  
 
And so it was she came to know,
However dark the vale,
With God beside her as she climbed,
She would, in time, prevail.
 
Psalm 23:4
Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Another wonderful photo from CC, and another praise drawn from the story about how she took it.

No comments:

Post a Comment