Saturday, February 15, 2014

Patiently


I did not know what I would say
As I sat down to write,
But I knew that God had a plan
To save me from my plight.
 
I waited, patient, for His word
To settle in my mind.
I roamed from place to place to see
What verses I might find.
 
Then I found one that touched my heart.
Did He send it my way,
Or was it just coincidence
That I saw it today?
 
So patiently, again, I wait
On what God wants from me,
Until a second verse like it
Popped up for me to see.
 
I knew then that patience was
The theme for me today,
And so I offer this advice
Wait patiently and pray
 
For God is ever diligent,
He hears us when we call.
Though we may not know what to do,
He’ll lead us through it all.
 
Psalm 40:1
I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry.

Psalm 27:14
Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart:
Wait, I say, on the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment