Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A Trapped Leaf


I sailed, with joy, on golden light
That filtered through the trees.
I knew that I was meant for this,
To ride an autumn breeze.
 
And at the pinnacle of life,
While I was flying high,
It suddenly came to an end.
I was snatched from the sky.
 
I wept to God, “How can this be?!
My life was going right
And then I’m snatched out of the air,
I’m halted in midflight?”
 
And as I hung there, trapped so tight,
As if held by God’s hand,
I noticed that the other leaves
Scattered across the land.
 
Their broken forms crumbled to dust
Where they had met their fate.
I felt a praise rise up in me,
For my God is so great.  
 
Though I believed that He failed me
When He stopped me in flight,
Instead He caught me as I fell,
And His love holds me tight.
 
So now I’m grateful that I’m here
And not where I could be,
For I still dance upon each breeze
Where God is holding me!

No comments:

Post a Comment