Thursday, January 23, 2014

Your Voice


I hear you whisper my name, Lord,’
Within the blush of dawn,
But I have so much still to do
And I will carry on.
 
I hear you speak my name again
Within the gold of noon
But I am still not ready, Lord,
Though I’ll be along soon.
 
I hear you call my name once more
As day greets the sunset.
Your voice is so much clearer now,
But I’ll linger some yet.
 
I hear Your voice so close to me
As night echoes my name.
I long to follow Your voice, Lord,
And Your loving grace, claim.
 
Oh Lord, I see you at my side,
You’re reaching out to me,
And, though there’s more that I might do,
I’m longing to be free.
 
For You have given me the time
To say my last good-bye.
I’ve no more need to linger now
And there’s no need to cry
For I am safe within the arms
Of Him who loved me first.
I turn my gaze from darkened earth
To see heaven’s light burst!

To BD as you fill your last days with joy and listen to hear God’s voice calling you home to Him..

No comments:

Post a Comment