Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Still in My Cocoon


















She started life as just a worm,
Condemned to scorn and shame,
But you designed her to be more.
And so, more she became.

The hidden place where she transformed
Allowed her to be free
To take the form of perfection
That you knew she would be.

And when she burst forth from that shell
She spread her wings to dry
And showed the world a precious grace
Born in her maker’s eye.

I too am like that butterfly,
Though still a chrysalis,
I’m learning that God formed in me
A gift I can’t dismiss.

My beauty is not in my wings,
But in my servant’s heart,
And I know that it’s stronger now
Than it was at the start.

Oh thank you, Lord, for my cocoon
And for this time to grow.
Help me to be the better me
That you already know.

I know that my wings aren’t yet dry
But someday Lord, I know I’ll fly

Jeremiah 1:5
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”

No comments:

Post a Comment