Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Matthew 3: 11





















If all the powers of the earth
Were at my beck and call
There still would be so many things
I couldn’t do at all

There are some things that need your touch
For which I have no cure,
But you can heal them with a thought.
You’ve proven that for sure.

And though I wash my body clean
With waters of the earth,
It’s only through your baptism
That I will know rebirth.

So I will live as you have asked,
To do such as I can,
But I’ll leave you the greater task
Of healing mortal man.

Matthew 3:11
“I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

1 comment:

  1. There is no longer any shame. Only lessons in humility. We have been made clean through His blood.

    ReplyDelete