Friday, June 15, 2012

Did I Hear You Call?





















Was that you speaking to me, Lord?
I thought I heard you call,
But I’m too busy for a chat.
I have no time at all.

I have the chores to finish up,
The dish washing to do,
But as soon as I have a chance
I’ll have that chat with you.

All of my errands have piled up,
The lawn could use a mow,
But when I have all those things done
We’ll have that talk, you know.

What’s that you say? Those things will wait?
I hadn’t thought it through,
But now that you mention it, Lord,
I’d rather talk to you.

I get so caught up in the day,
In getting it all done,
That I forget my list should start
With YOU as number one!

Luke 10: 40 -42
But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!”
 
 “Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things,  but few things are needed—or indeed only one. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”

No comments:

Post a Comment