Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Weeds of Bitterness





















The weeds were twisted round my heart
So tight I couldn’t feel.
I saw the morning, felt its light,
But doubted it was real.
I stumbled on the rocky road,
The path was choked with weeds
That burst upon the slightest touch
To scatter bitter seeds
Of sorrow and of deep despair.
I knew that I was lost,
For not a flicker of sunlight,
The path before me, crossed.

But then I heard you call my name
And hope answered my needs
For you were there, waiting for me,
The light beyond the weeds.
I tried to step beyond the weeds,
To reach your golden light,
But all the weeds kept pulling me;
I was too weak to fight.
I called to you, with all my heart,
I gave up all my sin,
The anger and the bitterness,
The weeds that held me in.

And there before me broke a path
That would lead straight and true
And suddenly I understood
What I’d needed to do.
It wasn’t that the weeds held me,
Kept me from passing through,
It was me clinging to those weeds
That held me back from you.

Matthew 13:38
The field is the world, and the good seed stands for the people of the kingdom. The weeds are the people of the evil one,

No comments:

Post a Comment