Thursday, December 15, 2011

Obscured Vision














For me the view’s not always clear,
I’m easily confused.
Then I catch a glimpse of your grace
And I am more bemused,
For I am flawed beyond repair,
A bird with broken wings,
I am a ship that has no sail,
A song that no one sings,
And yet you call me precious child,
You shed your blood for me,
But why you’d do that for me, Lord,
Is more than I can see.
If I were worthy of such grace,
Then I could understand,
But I can’t see why you hold me
In the palm of your hand.

I see a measure of your grace
In flashes of insight,
But those small glimpses only touch
The edges of your might;
The rest will have to wait until
I have more perfect sight.

Psalm 72:14
He will rescue them from oppression and violence, for precious is their blood in his sight.

1 comment:

  1. Is this another instance of dual focus? One could focus on the tree...and a blur of white fly behind? Or focus on the flight and the tree becomes the obstruction!
    What are we focused on? Our flaws which we see as a hindrance to God's unfailing love - or on His love which covers over all our faults!

    ReplyDelete