Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Learning To Shake It Off

















Today was just too much to take,
It started before dawn,
And here I am, well past sunset
And it’s still going on!!!

From one disaster to the next
The hits came on and on.
I thought I’d cleared the air at last,
But it was far from gone.

I started to give in to them,
I almost heard them scoff,
But I decided not to cave;
I rose and shook them off!

There’s only so much trouble found
In any day I’m told,
And if you shake it off and laugh,
Those troubles can’t take hold.

So, when the world comes down on you,
Jump out of that deep trough,
Toss up your head and spread your wings
And boldly shake it off!!!

2 comments:

  1. Some days seem to test my patience more than others. Unfortunately, I find I haven't studied quite enough....and I fail!
    There's always tomorrow, and Grace!

    ReplyDelete