Monday, January 31, 2011

Why Can't I Enjoy The Peace?














Why can’t I just enjoy the peace?
There’s just calm in my world
And yet I anguish through each day,
Thoughts all dizzily swirled.

I’m used to crisis management,
I’ve lived within the storm.
Why’s it hard to accept the calm?
It’s just so out of form!

I think I need to remember
There’s pleasure in the calm;
I have to strap down in the gales
And see the peace as balm.

I live within the brambles and
The thorns that they have grown;
They twist themselves around my life
And tear me to the bone.

I get so used to fighting them
That, when they’re all cut down,
I don’t quite know what I should do
And plant some more around.

I have this little space in life
Where brambles just don’t grow.
I think I’ll practice loving it
And let the worries go!

No comments:

Post a Comment