Sunday, September 17, 2023

Peace, Be still


 

 

 

 

 

 

The storm was raging on the sea
And in their fear they cried.
He called out simply, “Peace. Be still!”
And all that uproar died.

The storm responded to His words,
But the twelve did, as well.
For His words calmed, in them, the fear
In which we often dwell.

I know that this must have been so,
For I have heard Him, too,
When I feel my storms rising up
And don’t know what to do.

Today my world came crashing in.
I could not bear the weight
Of all that I felt I must do
Before it grew too late.

I almost gave in to the storm,
In grief and pain, I cried,
But then I heard Him, “Peace. Be still,”
And felt the fear subside.

I can’t explain it properly,
As I have tried to do,
But I have no doubt that the voice
I clearly heard was You.

The words were simple, but the peace
They brought to me was real,
And even now, no storm can touch
The perfect peace I feel.

Peace! Be still!

Mark 4:39
And he awoke and rebuked the wind and said to the sea, “Peace! Be still!” And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment