Friday, September 1, 2023

Covered In Sin


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I call out to You in despair
For all of this world’s pain.
It seems that all the joy is lost,
And only tears remain.

The world is drifting far away
From all that’s good and true.
I see the darkness taking hold,
But I have faith in You.

This isn’t the first time this earth
Has fallen prey to lies
And given credence to false gods
Who wear a thin disguise.

It took Your sacrifice, in blood,
To wash us clean back then.
I’m grateful that redemption’s still
An answer to our sin.

For we are covered in it, Lord,
Body, mind and soul,
And nothing short of Your mercy
Can cleanse and make us whole.

I lift this sad and broken world
Into Your loving grace.
In all of heaven and of earth
There is no better place.

1 John 2:2
He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

 This muddy fellow is another photo gift from AC and her trip to Africa!

No comments:

Post a Comment