Thursday, September 7, 2023

Always There


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I felt the world press down on me,
A weight I could not bear.
I cried out, anxious in my fear,
“Shepherd, are You still there?”

“Can You still hear me when I cry,
Shepherd, do You still care?”
I knelt down in my own darkness
And lifted up my prayer.

Then light began to touch the sky
To warm the morning air.
I felt a soft voice call my name,
And I knew He was there.

He said He’d counted every tear,
And treasured every prayer.
He knew the doubt tormenting me,
And felt my deep despair.

He said, though I had walked hard roads,
My path was His to share.
That He was where He’d always been,
And He’d always been there.

For I am ever in His sight
And He has grace to spare.
He told me He still keeps me close,
My Shepherd will always care.

Numbers 27:17
who shall go out before them and come in before them, who shall lead them out and bring them in, that the congregation of the Lord may not be as sheep that have no shepherd.

No comments:

Post a Comment