Sunday, October 28, 2018

One of Those Days


There are those days, the sun won’t shine,
And faith is hard to find,
Those days when every hope I had
Has been left far behind.

Those are the days I call to You
Through tears of such despair
That I can hardly form the words,
Much less hope that You care.

Yet it is in such times as these
That I can feel You near.
You may not answer as I wish,
But Your presence is clear.

You do not listen to the doubts,
The faith that’s still not strong.
You answer to the broken heart
That You’ve loved all along.

You hold me ‘til the weeping stops
And I can think again,
Then You remind me of the place
That I hold in Your plan.

You love me through the emptiness,
Until I understand
That You have not abandoned me.
I'm still safe in Your hand. 

Psalm 38:21-22
Lord, do not forsake me; do not be far from me, my God. Come quickly to help me, my Lord and my Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment