Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Lacking Courage- Re-Posted

I am content right where I am,
I see no need to move.
Moving might put me more at risk,
And I’ve nothing to prove.
 
Of course I can’t try something new,
Unless it happens by,
But then again, I cannot fail,
If I don’t move and try.
 
Yes, I’m content to sit right here,
I’m no one, bound nowhere.
Cause If I should try something new
I risk worry and care.
 
Oh Lord, I know it’s an excuse
For fearing too much change,
But, if I leave what’s familiar,
Then I’m left with what’s strange.
 
I know you want me out there, Lord,
You have work I’m to do,
But I am so afraid to move
Unless I move with You.
 
Joshua 1:9
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment