Sunday, June 10, 2018

I haven't "Got This" After All - Re-Posted

Okay, I think I got the point,
But now I’m stuck up here
Where it’s a bit precarious,
So I hope You’re still near.
 
You told me not to make that move,
I clearly heard Your voice,
But I was feeling confident
In making my own choice.
 
I thought, this once, “I’ve got this, Lord,
No need to lend a hand”,
But that was a bit arrogant.
Yes, Lord, I understand.
 
Sometimes You let us take the leap
And fall flat on our face,
So that we learn to rely on
Not us, but on Your Grace.
 
But now I’m out here on the edge,
Clinging with all my might.
So, Lord, I’ve learned my lesson now,
Please help me make it right.
 
2 Corinthians 1:9
Indeed, we felt we had received the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment